By: Eve Stair
Is there anything better than having a nice dish made of healthy ingredients following just some simple steps? I don’t think so.
Whether you have a busy routine or you want to surprise your friends and look like a professional chef, rice is always a good idea.
You may wonder why. Well, rice is rich in carbohydrates and can be paired with almost any other staple on Earth. So, apart from being healthy, it is practical, not to mention it needs just a couple of minutes to get cooked.
There are rice varieties for all tastes, among which we can find white rice, brown rice, Basmati rice, Jasmine rice or Jasmati rice, which is a combination of Basmati and Jasmine varieties.
Today, you are going to learn how to make a delicious dish with Jasmati rice as the main ingredient.
If you want to learn some interesting information about this rice variety, you can check riceselect.com/recipe/bangkok-rice-shrimp-salad. You are going to learn everything you need to know when it comes to Jasmati rice: recipes, nutritional facts, delicious combinations, and so on.
Did you know if you mix Basmati and Jasmine rice you could get the best of both worlds?
Inspired by Thai jasmine rice, Jasmati rice stands out because of its characteristic aroma, unique flavor and exquisite texture. It is a long-grain, American style variety that is ideal to prepare Asian dishes.
Its low starch content allows it to be cooked with separate grains, and, once it is ready, it is really fluffy and you can enjoy its subtle aromatic taste.
Jasmati rice can be combined with many ingredients, such as meat, fish and seafood or vegetables. No matter if you are a vegetarian or a meat lover, you just need to be creative and let your mind decide which is the best match!
However, if you are not that creative, I can help you out.
If you relish eating Asian food, this recipe will blow your mind.
With the versatility of rice and the intensity of shrimp, this dish seems to be the ideal combination of flavors.
What’s more, the ingredients you are going to use are ones that you surely have at home. You have no excuses!
- 1 ½ cup of Jasmati rice.
- ¼ cup of canned coconut milk.
- ⅛ cup of rice vinegar.
- ½ tablespoon of oil.
- ¼ teaspoon of salt.
- ½ tablespoon of chopped basil and basil leaves (for garnishing).
- ½ pound of frozen cooked thawed shrimp.
- ¼ cup of chopped peanuts.
- To begin with, I suggest chopping and thawing the ingredients beforehand so that you have them ready when you start cooking and you save some time. You will make it easier.
- Then, prepare the rice according to package instructions and leave it aside.
- After that, put the coconut milk, the rice vinegar and the oil into a pot and mix everything. Add the salt and the chopped basil and leave it aside.
- The next step is to add the coconut milk mixture, the rice and the peeled and deveined shrimp to a bowl and stir everything until the preparation blends well.
- Finally, place it onto a serving plate.
Add some salted peanuts and basil leaves for garnishing. They will help your dish look and taste amazingly well.
Always remember it is a good idea to add your own touch to recipes. You can season the dish with pepper or add some other spices to heat it a little up. Let your mind be creative!
This recipe is exactly what I said before: easy, healthy and exquisite. It really is a perfect match.
With the distinctive aroma and texture of Jasmati rice and the unique shrimp flavor, it is one of the best options to pamper your friends or family.
For an even better experience, you can have this dish with your favorite wine, especially white or rosé. It will be like having a flavor party!
I can’t find any downsides to this dish. So, you can try it out and see if I am right. I think you and your friends will love it!